Thursday, December 3, 2009

Last week we had Thanksgiving dinners for all of our afterschool programs (all 5 of them) which was alot of fun but actually made me sick of turkey by the last day. On Tuesday night my parents flew in and on Wed. morning we headed up to the Poconos for Thanksgiving. As soon as we got there they started feeding us and didn't stop untill we left on Sunday. I literally don't think I went more than a half hour without eating for the entire weekend. Joey, Diana, Brett and Brandon all flew out as well. It was great to see them and really fun to hang out with the east coast side of my family.



My parents decided to fly out Sunday instead of Monday which worked out well because I had a date planned for Sunday night. I took my parents to get cheese steaks at Geno's in Philly and then dropped them off at the airport. I went to Cheesecake factory on my date which was awsome because I hadn't eaten there since moving (and when I am home my family eats there at least once a month). After my date I went back to the house and hung out with all the other interns and to my suprise I was actually really glad to be back. On tuesday night all the interns did kareoke and it was rediculously funny. Of course I can't sing so I just did rap songs which tended to be far more inapropriate than the others... which i guess kind of suites me.

My roomate and teaching partner for my class moved back to St. Louis last week so this has been the first week that I have had my 8th greaters to myself. It's gone really well so far. One of my kids did get suspended for getting in a fight with a 5th grader which was a little disapointing.

Yesterday, we had our devotional time in the morning and all of the interns went around and prayed for each other. It was pretty intence and it was crazy to hear the things people were praying about for me. It was alot of stuff that I have been really struggling with but haven't even talked to anyone about. It was things like what I am going to do after the intership and stuff that I am still dealing with from the past. It was shocking. It is really nice to be back into the swing of things and have all the crazyness from the past couple of months behind me. Our schedule gets a little less intence from here on out so I am really looking forward to that.

1 comment:

  1. In the RSS feed for your blog this post was titled "undefined". I thought it appropriate for our time in Camden.

    ReplyDelete