Monday, December 21, 2009

Bruce Main and Tupac Shakur

Since I am currently back in southern California for a couple weeks, I don't have much to write about. For those that rely on this blog for some sort of weekly entertainment I decided to post a few videos.


This first video is from the Urban Promise Banquet last year. Bruce Main talks a little bit about what it is that we do in Camden. I know almost all of the people in this video and there is one scene with Garret Poper who is my friend from APU that encouraged me to go to Camden.



These next two video's are from the Documentary "The Poet of Poverty" which is a documentary about Father Michael Doyle. Father Doyle is the priest at Sacred Heart Church in Camden. I have done some work with Sacred Heart during my time in Camden. Father Doyle has been in Camden for over 40 years and has an incredible story. And yes that is the voice of Martin Sheen.





This last video is an interview with Tupac Amaru Shakur (2pac) during the Christmas season, which I thought was fitting. He has some interesting things to say about poverty and the inner city. This interview was conducted when he was just 21 years old. There is a great little moment at the end where he calls you out.... "YOU need to do something!". I love it.



Hope you enjoyed the videos. I'll get back to posting actual material in a couple of weeks.

2 comments:

  1. For those of us still at urban, this post isn't too exciting. Video = white box of doom.

    Enjoy the weather, company, food and drink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha sorry mike. I didn't think about that. I'm sure you've seen the first 3 videos anyway but it's a shame you can't watch the tupac one. I think you'd enjoy it. It's good stuff.

    ReplyDelete